Apple Cider Vinegar or Cider Vinegar, is a type of vinegar made from fermented apple juice and used in its purest form or even used as salad dressings, as food preservatives, vinaigrettes, and marinades. Known for its wide health benefits and made through a process of crushing apples and squeezing out the juice. The yeast and bacteria are added to this juice for the fermenting process to begin and the process converts the sugar to alcohol. Acetic acid-forming bacteria are induced along with malic acid to convert it to vinegar and give it a sour taste. It is known to have properties to maintain or lose bodyweight and to manage glucose and lipid levels. It is acclaimed to be a natural laxative and improves digestion and the benefits of apple cider vinegar are immense.
You may have commonly heard of people taking cider apple vinegar shots for a belly or fat reduction in the morning. Most of the grocery stores have this product stocked up in their refrigerated as it is gaining popularity on the shelves. This super-food is weight loss friendly and has been used as a health tonic for thousands of years. This promotes weight loss in the following manner-
- It lowers blood sugar levels- The acetic acid present in the cider vinegar improves the capacity of the liver and muscles to take up the sugar from the blood and hence aiding in weight loss.
- Decreasing Insulin levels-The acetic acid again can reduce the ratio of insulin to glucagon which could assist in fat burning. It also improves the metabolism rate which also decreases fat and weight management.
- Reduction in fat storage- It is also noticed that a high-fat diet combined with acetic acid found a major change in the genes responsible for reducing belly fat and liver fat. This leads to a low-fat build-up. The properties of Apple Cider Vinegar are also known to curb food intake and control appetite which helps in toning the body. Research also shows that it extends the time the food stays in the stomach.
Apple Cider Vinegar is naturally acidic and people who have low stomach acid levels, it helps in raising stomach levels to supplement digestion. Slow digestion can cause bloating and gastric problems. Cider vinegar does this by killing the bacteria in the stomach and the intestines? Since this happens to be a natural supplement it becomes very convenient for consumers to use it. A few points can be pondered on-
- Apple Cider Vinegar contains some probiotic bacteria and since it is not ultra-filtered it has protein, enzymes, and good bacteria that promote gut health and acting as a digestive supplement.
- The digestive supplements could be a relieving factor with the post-meal heaviness that few of us face and could prevent bloating because as we age, the stomach starts producing less stomach acid and this in-pantry product could supplement the acid required in our stomach for digestion.
- It serves as a natural anti-bacterial agent with antimicrobial properties. Also, an antifungal would help in our fight against pathogens.
Apple Cider Vinegar detox has been considered as the best and most natural laxative remedy. It is also widely used as a health remedy to cure many ailments as it is a disinfectant and a natural preservative and health supplement. While its major benefits are for the digestive tract and aiding in weight loss, it is also getting promoted for topical uses like skin and body odour. It is an elixir and anecdote for many health-related problems.